Fast Lane Motor Parts
Small Engine Technician
This position reports to the Store Manager and is responsible for the timely completion of small engine preparation and repair activities. This includes seasonal servicing of equipment, preparing equipment for sale, determining scope of repair needs and ensuring repairs are completed in an efficient and timely manner.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Follow supervisors' instructions as to which parts to repair or replace and how much time the job should take.
- Review repair reports, prepare or review repair cost estimates, and plan work to be performed.
- Perform diagnostics and repairs on all makes and models of small engines.
- Follow proper testing and diagnostic procedures to determine appropriate recommendations and repairs.
- Test equipment to ensure sound repairs.
- Repairs fractional-horsepower gasoline engines used to power lawnmowers, garden tractors, and similar machines, using hand tools.
- Locates causes of trouble, dismantles engines, using hand tools, and examines parts for defects.
- Replaces or repairs parts, such as rings and bearings, using hand tools.
- Cleans and adjusts carburetor and magneto.
- Clean equipment as needed for repair or resale.
- Troubleshoot difficult repair situations by using experience and knowledge while following product manufacturer recommendations.
- Inspect parts and equipment for cleanliness, damage, and compliance with standards or regulations.
- Keep work area clean at all times.
- Communicate with management and customers as necessary.
- Attend continued training to maintain current knowledge and certification of Toro, Stihl, Exmark, and other brands.
- Follow all safety processes and procedures.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Process skills with a proven ability to prioritize and manage individual workload and demonstrate a sense of urgency to meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to foster effective business relationships with internal and external parties.
- Demonstrate planning and organizational skills with strong attention to detail and concern for accuracy.
- Excellent customer service skills with the ability to effectively identify and develop solutions.
- Good verbal communication and technical skills with an ability to effectively interact with and convey information to people who possess varying levels of understanding on applicable topics.
- Physical ability to climb, crawl and to work in awkward positions such as kneeling, bending, stooping and overhead positions.
- Ability to lift up to fifty (50) pounds.
- Ability to operate various shop tools including power and manually operated tools.
- Must provide own tools.
This job description describes the general nature and level of work expected of a person assigned to this position. All job requirements listed indicate the minimum level of knowledge, skills and/or ability deemed necessary to perform the job proficiently. Employees may be required to perform any other job-related duties as requested by their supervisor.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Fast Lane Motor Parts
Fast Lane Motor Parts Stores are NAPA Auto Parts stores in Coon Rapids, IA, and Jefferson, IA.
In 1925, the National Automotive Parts Association was formed, and made it their mission "to improve the distribution of auto parts to serve the people and businesses who increasingly relied on cars and trucks for their transportation needs." Today, that mission, combined with the McLaughlin Family's strong commitment to professional service and excellent customer care, has built a business that strives daily to provide quality parts and supplies for car, truck, and equipment service professionals, as well as everyday drivers.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)